Wednesday 20 June 2012

CONCERT TICKETS FROM JAPAN

The Libertines at Club Citta, Kawasaki, on 1 December 2004 was a great gig, though there was no Pete Doherty for this one.

The Police at Tokyo Dome on 14 February 2008 was a bit of a disappointment for me. I saw them back in 1980 and they were much better in those days, and even talked to each other on stage.

Spiritualized at the Liquid Room, Shinjuku, Tokyo, on 15 May, 1998, was an all night gig, with Spiritualized on stage at about 2 a.m. The tour was on the back of Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Flying in Space, so "Electricity" was a particular memory.

The Foo Fighters can always be relied upon to put on a good show, and this one at Makuhari Messe, near Tokyo, on 13 April 2008 was no exception.

I had seen Franz Ferdinand at Fuji Rock Festival four months before this show at Kokusai Forum, Yurakucho, Tokyo, on 9 November 2009, and thought they were OK, but this was a really good gig, and the band had gone up in my estimation by the end of the night.

This was a curious event, as Jonathan Richman went on first, unexpectedly. It was held at the Hibiya Park Outdoor Theatre, Tokyo, on 26 August 2000, and featured The High Lows, The Neatbeats and The King Brothers as well.

Guest pass for The Kills and Blood Red Shoes at the Liquid Room, Tokyo, in 2008, I think. After the show, Hostess had a party with lots of free drink.

I won this Little Feat ticket in a competition on Peter Barakan's Inter FM radio show, Barakan Beat. The show was at the Yomiuri Hall, Yurakucho, Tokyo, on 10 December 1999, and was not really my cup of tea. I seem to remember that Kevin Parker and myself retired to the pub before the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment