Wednesday 20 June 2012

CONCERT TICKETS FROM LONDON

I had a photo pass for this show and got some good shots of the band.


There was a power failure at this gig, though the venue wasn't a bad place to watch live music. I wasn't really in the mood for Jonathan Richman though, so I headed back to Camden to see...

...Spizzenergi at the Purple Turtle near Mornington Crescent. Apart from hits like "Soldier, Soldier" and "Where's Captain Kirk?" I didn't know much of their music, but it was good to finally see Spizz.


I was very impressed by Lady Gaga, though I don't know if I'd have paid full price for this ticket. I got this from Universal Music Japan, which was very generous of them.

Kings Of Leon in Hyde Park didn't really do too much for me, though it was good to see Paul Weller, who played "Art School," the first track on the eponymous first Jam album.

Foals at the Electric Ballroom was a good show, though I still think the gigs I saw them do in Japan in 2008 were better.

I was surprised at how good The Black Eyed Peas were in concert. This was another freebie from Universal, as they were interested in one of their artists, support act Cheryl Cole. The concert felt like a musical in some ways, in that each member of Black Eyed Peas had their own singing spots, while other numbers were collective efforts.

1 comment: